Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 18 December 2015

The last Bag has Flown Away


This year has been the one where I made bags,  so many bags, they have been posted, given, some still to be sewn, some  have flown North, the very far North, the far  South, and this is not the last one, 2 more to do for Christmas gifts.
This one is for the grand-daughter of a dear friend who died earlier this year.it will fly to Auckland today. Tonia, Joyce and I think of Jeanette so often, and remember our days together with much love and happy memories.


 Our place is Cat Heaven, they come, they stay, or visit and leave. Right now we have had ,at various times, Jerry, who might be the brother to Boris, Toby, the new boy on the street, Arthur,Arnold, and others with no  names , One huge grey and white, one even larger black and white, one black one, and a few tabbies. But our own Felicity, Boris, and Ginger Boy remain happy. After our shopping, we stopped at the farm that sells water lilies. Two were selected, but these boys with their fine feathers took my eye.



With Live Writer finished, the solution for me is to do the post in WLW, copy and paste to blogger, then insert the photos, That way, I can  choose the font, it is familiar, and seems, for me, to be easier. The alternative is not working yet, and will not be  supported  by Microsoft, it is an Open Source program.

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Take a chance, because you never know how absolutely perfect something could turn out to be”
Greetings from Jean

14 comments:

Kate said...

That bag is just delightful. I am sure it will be well used by the recipient.

eileeninmd said...

I love the cute bag with the owl. It is adorable. The rooster are beautiful too. I usually just do my post on blogger, I never tried the Live Writer.

Have a happy weekend!

Mystic Quilter said...

Not surprised those three boys caught your eye Jean - they're beauties!! Your owl bag is a lovely gift for your friend's grand-daughter, I'm sure she'll be delighted!

TexWisGirl said...

very cute bag. i like you rooster friends, too. :)

Barb said...

Your bags are whimsical and colorful - great gifts! You can choose the blog font in Blogger, but you have to compose on-line which I think you'd rather not do.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

This is from another blog. He says it's working.

UPDATE: Scott just tweeted this minutes ago…….ATTN users of Blogger & Windows Live Writer: We have a build of OLW with Blogger support. Remove old accounts first! http://openlivewriter.org

I've never used Live Writer so don't know anything about it. I do know there are a few fonts & sizes & so forth to choose from in Blogger. I've only ever done it in setting up blogs but I think you have to do it in the "Template" section.

Carol Mattingly said...

Jean, I am off the charts allergic to cats, but if I weren't, I would have several myself. Love the quilt project. That is absolutely adorable. Carol

Susan Heather said...


what a wonderful bag - your friend's grand-daughter will just love it.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, that owl is looking at me and saying, "make one too ... and I will watch out for your quilt stuff". Danger when owls take over your life.

Leeanne said...

Lovely Owl bag. gorgeous Roosters!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love that cats are finding safety and a good meal with you! If I've learned anything from fostering cats the last few months, is that there is no shortage of them, and they need the kindness of people like you!

And I LOVE the bag!!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are such fun: Cat Heaven!!!! hugs from here! We're frozen!!!!

KB said...

I can attest to your talent for making bags! You are simply amazing!!!!

Nancy J said...

Thanks to you all for wonderful comments. Thanks KB. Believe me, I thought that was the last bag, but have made 3 more, but they will be given by hand, not the mailman .Only one photo in my slide show coming soon, as maybe even family members have been known to have an occasional glance at my blog , and I do not want to spoil their surprise.And I can truly say that there is so much joy in making and giving, a bag, some baking, or anything else that any of us manage to do.