Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Just In Case You Thought


Life here is   all Beer and Skittles, in fact none of either frequent our place..Lawns need mowing,  meals need cooking, and fabric needs sewing.
The One Block Wonder for December, with Sandy at  Upstairs Hobby Room   HERE , told us the magic words….
Well December is upon us and everyone will be getting busy with  shopping, decorating and food preparations, not to mention gift making and extra family and friends dropping in. So this month's block  is super easy, and all about paper piecing..... So I sorted out some batik, and thought a bag would be the way to go.Well, the blocks were a little big for a bag, so it morphed its way to a quilt.
These are all batiks from my stash, and the supply is getting a little thin!!! These 36 blocks are pinned on the design wall, and now I decide to either QAYG, Quilting each strip as I go, or to sew all together and quilt it  as one piece,   and take my courage to a new level.!!!
In the garden, all the plants are blooming, foxgloves  are  in tall spires, one lone cosmos in a pot, and all else is looking good. The red plane spins with the wind, and tells the direction. Made by Hugh. One visitor asked him if he was a pilot!! No, just very clever with wood and timber, and  so much more.

I am having problems with Live Writer and Blogger, so had to paste and copy this to Blogger, the photos seem to be so slow to add, so none of the garden and wind plane. Maybe next time when the post goes as normal.

Quotation of the day from Steve Jobs
“ Don’t let the  noise of other people’s opinions
drown out your  inner voice”
Greetings from Jean

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your quilt looks pretty, I like all the colors. Your garden sounds wonderful, everything is brown here. Great quote! Have a happy new week!

Carol Mattingly said...

Oh Jean when the upload gets better send us some photos of the Foxgloves. My favorites. Carol

Kate said...

Using up your stash of batiks is a good thing, I think. Now you have room in your stash to buy more!
It is wet and miserable here, so I await the flower pictures.

Linda said...

Beautiful, Jean, and I love your stunning header, too! Merry Christmas to you. :)

Jenny said...

Yes, it's quite a pain with Live Writer not working!
So I'm back to writing directly into Blogger, and loading the photos from Picassa. All so much slower.

Not quite sure what the story is, but hopefully it will be up and running again. The beauty of Live Writer was that it could be used off line, a boon when we were away in the caravan and using pricey data. Then we could log on to post.

TexWisGirl said...

really beautiful!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love all of your batiks.

So far, I'm still able to use Live Writer. I wish they would make a new version it was a GREAT program.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

KB said...

I wish that life were all Beer and Skittles!!!!

You are truly an artist. That quilt is gorgeous. You took all those pieces and made such a beautiful thing. Wow.

Hugh's plane sounds like fun. I hope we can see that photo in the future.

KB said...

I wish that life were all Beer and Skittles!!!!

You are truly an artist. That quilt is gorgeous. You took all those pieces and made such a beautiful thing. Wow.

Hugh's plane sounds like fun. I hope we can see that photo in the future.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice colours in those fabrics!

Leeanne said...

The list seems to grow at this time of the year............so does the lawn!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely batiks Jean and great quote!

Fundy Blue said...

Hi Jean! You have certainly been through it these past few weeks, yet through it all you manage to be upbeat, creative, and productive! The diagonally striped quilt pinned on your wall is striking! But then, all your different creations are lovely. My grandmother MacDonald belonged to a ladies quilting group at her church, and they all would quilt finished quilts together on a giant frame. I'm sorry that Hugh had a bad gash in his arm, and I hope it is healing well. And I do hope your back is fully recovered. Back pain is difficult to endure. Poor Boris ~ I think that little cat has added some unexpected excitement to your lives; hope he's feeling better too. I'm loving your beautiful flowers as I listen to the howling wind and think of the snowstorm we had today. Take care!

Julie Fukuda said...

What a nice collection of batiks you have! I love the results of those blocks all laid out.
I just hate it when things that were working just fine get changed... and not for the better.
No one ever asks the user what they want changed and what is already working.