Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 30 December 2015

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud……..

 

‘Twas not a soul in sight,

5.30 a.m., I walked to the gate,

And  thought the world was quiet!!!

 

I went out at 5.30 a.m. this morning, in  ‘jamas and gumboots ( the grass was wet and it was cool) to turn on the tap for the water sprinkler, and in the  gate came a courier van.At this time??? And me, not dressed for this or any occasion? He put the parcel in the letter box and reversed out the driveway. Whew, not sure if he did see me in the almost dark, but with headlights  glowing, I wasn’t so sure!!!!

Sandi, it arrived before New Year. It is beautiful, It is hanging on the wall in our dining room, so I can see it every time I walk through.Thank you,  thank you soooo much. Pop over here…  to see Sandi’s blog ……            Kwiltnkats                                

This is a Christmas Tree Ornament, from Block of the Day, Quilt-Pro Systems, pieced by Sandi and quilted by Kerry Marksbury, Santee, Ca. I am so honoured. The quilting design echoes the pattern on the pale cream fabric, and is truly outstanding,  and  the red in the flying geese has the same pattern too. A treasure for always.

Christmas Decoration, from Sandi Delman, San Diego

I had a few more goodies made, but could not put in any photos till after they were given. Joyce has a wall hanging on the wall by  her laptop, with the words. Gratitude, Harmony, Beauty, Grace, and two verses for Earth Blessing. The binding was finished very late Christmas Eve.

Joyce's wall hanging Christmas 2015

Hugh has his laptop, 2 printers and a laminator on his desk, and they needed new covers. I made 4, with various cat applique pieces, deep red  striped fabric, and fawn striped fabric for the borders. He wondered what they were for!!!

Hugh's cat place mats

Our family from Rotorua arrived on Boxing Day, and on 27th, a very, so much appreciated ,working bee took place. A mini-tornado, workshop walls, spouting, guttering, the smaller shed, and then the solar panels and the end gable, so sparkling, I need extra sunnies when I go outside. Thank you all so much, that extra height is a HUGE bonus when  using  a broom to reach the tall parts.

Normal menus have taken over, after ham, cheesecake, and chocolates, the quilting is continuing, the garden is wilting, and the hoses are working overtime.

This is written with Open Source Live Writer, and with no Spell-check, a bit  of a challenge to proof read  it all. Hopefully there are not too many spelling mistakes.

I wish you all a Very Happy New Year, with good friends, a loving family,  happy times at home or elsewhere, fine weather, snow when you want it, sunshine in summer, and safe travels. For me, this year has been so special, with new blog friends, quilting challenges, and long time friends that always, I am sure, held me close when the times have been tough. Thankfully, Hugh’s health is so much better, not 100%, and maybe never will be, and I again thank you all for your love, support, prayers and messages, they kept me going, when I could so easily have fallen down.

Quotation for today, and for all of 2015, from Kahlil Gibran

“ To be able to look back upon one’s life in satisfaction, is to live twice”

Greetings from Jean

22 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Love all those quilted goodies. I see your post shows as Dec 30th - perhaps I should do something so mine shows that as well instead of 29th!!!
Will have a look.

Happy New Year.

Susan Heather said...

I think I just managed to change the time zone - I was on Pacific!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Indeed, that quote has been said by several people and in more or less the same words. I have copied them down in a notebook I keep of favourite quotes.
Hope you go happily into the new year ... dressed for the occasion or not.

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you had such a good year, and such helpful family! Health is better here too, and it makes such a difference! Thanks for all your loyal comments on my blog. Hope 2016 is good to you.

Carol Mattingly said...

Beautiful photos Jean every one. Friends make the world a much better brighter place to be. I wish you all the best in the New Year. Carol

Kate said...

May the new year be good to you.

TexWisGirl said...

a sweet gift to get (even that early in the day!) enjoy your family time!

Our photos said...

That looks very nice ! Happy New Year !

Barb said...

I love that quote, Jean. Your quilt gifts are quite special. To have something made with love by hand is a treat. Our grandchildren made some special gifts for us, and they are our favorites!

Leeanne said...

Lovely to have your family over for a working bee, they must love you. Thank you for your posts, I have enjoyed them. Wishing you an amazing 2016!

Jim said...

What a wonderfully positive quote, Jean! thank you for it.
It was a busy year for you indeed and you made it through with flying colours!!
Happy New Year to you and Hugh and the critters.

KB said...

I am so happy to read that 2015 was a great year for you. Hugh's improved health makes me smile for you!!! I hope that 2016 is even better!

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to read in your post that Hugh's health is much better - and many of us will certainly not be 100% - we can but dream. What a lovely family working bee, a super Christmas special gift.
Kahlil Gibran - what can I say, his wonderful words are so inspiring and readable over and over again.
I wish you and your family a Happy New Year and many happy posts!

Out To Pasture said...

I'm glad to hear that Hugh's health is much better. Just a quick note to wish you and your's a fantastic 2016. I very much enjoy your blog and the pictures of your quilting creations. And thank you so much for all your welcome comments on my blog. You are a gem!

Janet said...

Sounds like the year is ending in happiness and the new year will come in the same way! Happy new year to you!

Lorna McMahon said...

Wishing you and yours best wishes for a wonderful new year. Happy 2016!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a beautiful post. A sweet gift, beautiful quilting, a lovely quote, and an image of you in jammies and gumboots!
Continued good health and happiness to you both in 2016.

Cathi said...

What wonderful quilted treasures! That Christmas Ornament one is so striking!
Happy New Year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello jena, lovely gift and quilts. The kitties are adorable. Wishing you a Happy, healthy New Year to you and your family.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such pretty quilted pieces! Your photos are so lovely! Wishing you a happy and peaceful new year!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Lovely gifts received and given - darling Jean, may 2016 be so filled with blessings that the year can hardly contain them. Big hugs!!!

Hannah said...

It's great you have a family that will work so hard when they visit! The ornament quilt is so beautiful with the fancy quilting stitches. I wish I had a machine that could do that. The cover you made for Hugh is so cute with the cats. I had a similar experience with delivery people except this woman came right up the ramp with a package when I was there behind the sliding glass door in my jammies and expected me to open the door and take the package. I thought this was very impertinent, I expect the packages just to be left on the front porch.