Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Deception , Subterfuge, or just plain “ Research”?

 

Recently   I was so lucky to be a part of Kimberly’s mug rug swap. You can find Kimberly here,    at    Camp and Cottage Living

and if you scroll down, Kimberly has  photos of the mug rug swaps. My partner was Tiff, in Maine, It is a small world, we have friends in Maine, they stayed here some years ago, and live about 4 hours from Tiff and her family. I did some looking up, research, LOTS, through the posts and the years… and scrolled through so  many of her posts. Tiff is the most amazing lady, they have a family of 8, one son is in Hawaii, and with sadness  some years ago, has compassion and love in huge amounts. Gradually I found their names, it all happened when I saw the post with her bracelet, a beautiful gift in May this year. So I made them all a key ring holder, with New Zealand motifs on the fabric square. And Tiff’s mug rug, that  is a story all by itself, It was going to have a strippy Christmas Tree, I did several, and they were just plain boring and wishy-washy. So I googled the rainbow colours, how could I forget the acronym of  ROY G BIV. More research done..And it was in Red, orange,yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. I liked it so much more than a pale tree.

When my  mug rug arrived, there were 2, one for Hugh ( He claimed the Gingerbread man)  and one for me,  “ My Moose”some delightful fat quarters, deep reds and green, and some special buttons. I was so excited to get a parcel from Maine, and thank you Tiff, so much.You can find Tiff here at   Folded Gingham   .

My Mug rugs and more from Tiff, Maine,USA

The online quilting is still going on, the December ones are done, A marathon few days sewing and ironing,  last week slipped by with   almost 3 days laid up with back pain. They are done, and photos taken. My design boards need to be taller!!! the lowest 3 blocks are drooping on the carpet. I don’t know if they will have sashing, but I can see the paler ones will need some  moving to a different place,  to balance it out.And what looks white is really a paler blue.

Midnight Mystery on the design boards

Did I ever say that I write as I talk? My Dad would certainly say so if he was here.

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Rainbow colours brighten the day,

after rain brings them out of the sky “

Greetings from Jean

11 comments:

Out To Pasture said...

Beautiful new quilt project Jean. Quite dramatic colour combinations. Very cute mug rugs. So much talent out there! Sorry that you were laid up with back pain and hope you are now fit and frisky.

Barb said...

A mug rug swap sounds like a fun way to meet people. I'd want the moose, of course! Your quilt colors are so lovely - nice job! What's this about back pain? My friends are in Wanaka again and are loving the weather.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thank you Jean for introducing your blogging friends. It really is a world wide community isn't it? Love your mug mats esp. the moose and they are very useful too. Your quilt is gorgeous; well worth the effort. Sorry to hear about your bad back. That can be quite debilitating. Take care.

Susan Heather said...

Love the mug rugs an the new quilt - talent everywhere.

Carol Mattingly said...

Take care doing all that sewing. It sounds arduous at times but I'm sure you enjoy it or you wouldn't participate. Carol

KB said...

You are such a talented woman. I visit here, and I am wowed every time. Your sewing and quilting is art, truly art.

Nancy J said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments, Not sure about frisky, but fit and up out of bed. The blog title, someone will truly understand those words.yes, a bit of a struggle to meet the deadlines, or is it date times? But I can procrastinate to a "Black Belt" degree, so this is good for my motivation.Barb, will your friends get a chance to visit up this way? They are so welcome, please let them know.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely to read all about your connection to Tiff in Maine. Watch that back!!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

What darling mug rugs!! And your blocks are just gorgeous - love the color combo!!!

Inger said...

I like the moose too. Didn't know what a mug rug was, but think I have figured it out now.

Jenn Jilks said...

What projects you get yourself into!!! I love them. xx