Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 27 November 2015

November Blocks, look at that purple.


The last 2 weeks have been a blur, 2 hospital visits for  Hugh, one for a gash in his arm, the next for cataract surgery.All went well,  a check up with the surgeon in another  12 days , sewing continued, with many interruptions.

The November blocks are done, with some new blue, teal and purple fabrics to add to the others. Dianne  did say that with batiks, they all go well together, no matter what shades. I do like the new purple, fan shaped strips on black, quite startling.And the new teal has blobs of all the other colours  I have used.

I am looking forward to the way all these mighty blocks go together, specially the 19 inch courthouse steps.

November blocks all done

Quotation of the day,  author unknown

“ Look to nature to find  every colour imaginable”

Greetings from Jean

16 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh dear!! Sorry to hear about the hospital visits for Hugh - hope the cataract check-up goes well.
Love your batiks here and i do agree that batiks are great for mix and match!

Carol Mattingly said...

Simply beautiful. I lov purple and I love the leaf affect in the design. I hope Hugh is getting better. Carol

eileeninmd said...

I am glad Hugh's hospital visits were OK. Your quilt is pretty, I like the colors. Have a happy weekend!

Kate said...

I am loving those batiks!

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful colors! hope all will be well!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hubby had cataract surgery for both eyes and it went perfectly so good luck there.
I do so love batiks; the colours have a glow to them and I'm very partial to that teal. Yes, I think Diane is right; all the colours seem to co-ordinate. What a beautiful piece this will be.

Linda said...

I am sorry to hear about what is happening with Hugh, Jean. These are beautiful!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice colour mix!

Jenny said...

Poor Hugh - hope he is feeling better, give him a quick hug from me.

Your purple batiks are coming together nicely.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello from my little corner of Virginia! Catching up on your news, and hope that both your boys, Hugh and Boris the warrior are still doing well, and you've all enjoyed your day -- Your quilt is really beautiful, and your flowers in your previous post are equally lovely as well!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Yum Yu m, what gorgeous colours!

Julie Fukuda said...

The blocks are so beautiful. I can hardly wait to see them all assembled.
Hope all continues to go well.

Lorna McMahon said...

Glad to hear your Hugh is doing well. Your blocks are all looking so pretty. I can't wait to see how this is going to look all put together!

Janet said...

Lovely colours - yes batiks do mix together well. I hope things with Hugh remain as well as can be.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope you take some time and take it easy!!!! xx

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow poor Hugh!! I hope all is well now. Your blocks are stunning!!