Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 9 October 2015

I hoped for a holiday as the treatment!!!

 

My visit to the Doctor, I had hoped for a diagnosis of overwork, not enough play or quilting time, or “ You need a long holiday”,.Sadly none of these, an infection on my earlobe, a friend told Hugh I did too much listening at keyholes!!! Firewood will resume, with help from friends so appreciated.

However, I combined the trip with a visit to TWO fabric shops. More blue for the Midnight Mystery blocks, and an almost matching purple for the same. The blue is a bit paler than what I have used, but as I think  any  one colour will  not be next to  itself, this won’t matter.

More fabric for Midnight Mystery

Then I found the two paler shades, for more Flying Geese for the One Block Wonder sets. These are in a trial mode. I have a small design wall, and the 2 large sheets to make 2 tall ones that can stand together will be delivered after 5 p.m. I have more 3.5 inch squares cut out, and think the lime, gold, and purple will give better contrasts.Right now, I have too many with the same colours.

squares for one block wonder geese

 

One Block layour #1

One Block layout #2

Quotation of the day,author unknown

“ Happiness is when you believe in what you are doing,

know what you are doing,

and enjoy what you are doing” 
Greetings from Jean

21 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

You know what that means, you have to find some different colors for your quilting. Feel better. Carol

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful blocks. hope your infection clears soon!

Leeanne said...

Listening at keyholes? Not you surely! Wishing you a restful creative weekend.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I really like all your batik colors...but then, there's very few batiks I don't like! I have quite a stack of them and just need to start using them.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Ha, my Grandmother was always hoping her Dr would say she needed to go on a cruise!

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Good morning Nancy
Glad to hear the diagnose was not too serious. The patchwork is looking good.
I liked your quote, it could be a good healer for your ear infection. Feeling good always cheers me up.

Mystic Quilter said...

Visiting two quilt shops is almost as good as a holiday! I do like your batiks in the Flying Geese, very rich.
I must say I think your quotation of the day is spot on!! These words of wisdom are just what I needed at the moment as I considered where I wanted to go with my quilting. Thank you Jean.

Out To Pasture said...

I really like your fabric colour combinations and also you quote. Obviously quilting is your vessel for occupational happiness. Wonder if your ear lobe infection might be ear ring related.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love your batik colors too.

May your infection heal up real soon dear Jean.

Happy Spring to you ~ FlowerLady

Georgia said...

I find one of the greatest frustrations of retirement is that no one tells you to take a vacation. Somehow they think you are on a permanenet one.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like fun! Those design walls are such fun; i even get asked for my opinion sometimes!

Nancy J said...

The weekend is here, maybe Sunday will be a true day of rest. The ear problem is on a bony cartilage part, and although I have had pierced ears, seldom remember to put earrings in. I so like having a small design wall, and now know why so many quilters have huge ones. My large boards, 1.2m x 2.4 m, cut down to just under 2 metres long, to fit through the doorways, might/should arrive today. This was an offcut from a part sheet of foam board, covered pillowcase style. 6 a.m. 7 Celsius, in for another warm spring day. Thanks, all for your lovely, cheery ,and encouraging words.

camp and cottage living said...

The quilt is coming along beautifully, Jean!
Rotten infections. I, too, hope it heals soon.
Rest on Sunday, you deserve it.

Janet said...

Perhaps too many of the same colours, but they are beautiful colours! The ear thing sounds a bit painful. Hope it heals soon.

Julie Fukuda said...

Any exciting for a quilt break will work, choose one less painful . Those batiks are so bright and cheerful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I hope you are feeling better. I love the pretty blocks and material. Great quote! Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

KB said...

Too much listening at keyholes?!?!? What have you been up to? Seriously, I hope it feels better very soon.

I love the colors that you choose - so warm and vibrant. I'd make the same choices. I don't see any issue with "too many of the same color"!!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Ouch - praying for healing, Jean! Your blocks are just gorgeous, oh I do love batiks!!!

Nancy J said...

Thanks to you all, the ear cartilage lump is getting better, the keyholes have been banned, and the block #1 is all sewn, points match ( after one or two unpicks) and the design boards are 1.2m by 1.74m. YES, I know, odd measurements, but bargain price, They have a huge pillowcase covering, and work so well.

Barb said...

Jean - are you sure you didn't fudge that infection just so you could get close to the fabric shop? Love your quilting endeavors. The fabrics are lovely.

Jenn Jilks said...

Your quilt pieces look wonderful.