Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Friday 13 March 2015

Look who we met on our day out

 

Thursday, another day out, and off to the Manawatu Gorge, and the Bridge Cafe. Some very old farm machinery there, reminding us all of how hard farming was in those days. No air conditioned tractors, padded seats, quad bikes,just plain hard work and bone shakers. They have chooks, chickens, and a stunningly bright rooster. Then the wee fellow,on his way back to Tauranga, in the family motor home.He had a wonderful harness  on ,  no  doubt so he could be clipped in safely for travel.

Old plough, single blade

Old Farm Machinery, a real bone shaker

On my tall perchWaiting for the ladies to come

Me and my Gals

Almost sitting on my feet

The little fellow we metAt the Bridge Cafe, Manawatu

He stood still for a second or two

Thank you all   so  much from my heart for your encouraging words, good wishes, prayers and more.Far beyond any words I can find in return, but as you know, when trouble  looms large, blog friendships are larger, and you have  helped me cope and wait, in a much better way.

Some days are sort of OK,others not so good, rarely a reasonable day,then it is snatched up in an instant, and we have “ A Day Out”

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ Friends we meet along the difficult roads of life help us miss the potholes and travel along the smoother paths more easily”

Greetings from Jean

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

he is a cutie. i like the chickens and rooster, too. :)

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Days out like this near or far, even if it's just down the lane or only just around the corner, can have a way of making a situation that seemed serious a few minutes ago, seem less stressful. I know only too well, I had a bad year last year. After I'd walked up my lane, I felt regenerated even though I knew I was going back to sit in my chair or mostly lie on my bed. Have faith and hopefully you will get the support you need.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a nice day out.. I like the old farm equipment and the chickens. The puppy dog is adorable.. Have a happy weekend!

Inger said...

Dear Nancy, I hope all the best for your husband and want to thank you so much for all your kind comments about my husband's illness.

Carol Mattingly said...

Jean, I am glad to be here to help you get through this difficult time in your and Hugh's life. I hope you have friends to call and perhaps some family. I have few family members myself, but I can call if I need. I miss them right now and my hometown, but I love Nashville. It's a happening town. Take care and hope tomorrow is a good day. Carol

Jenn Jilks said...

That's the kind of outlook my client's family has. They cancelled today. I don't know where they went, but we took it easy.
We're still weepy here. Good to read your post! hugs xx

The Furry Gnome said...

Continued good thoughts being sent in your direction!

KB said...

I'm so glad that you had a day out. I love the rooster and the dog!!!! Great sights. Thinking of you...

Linda said...

I love the chickens, rooster and dog, how nice, Jean!!! :)

Jim said...

What a wonderful day out, Jean! And full of surprises!!

I hope you are all well and safe from that major storm hitting the north island....I saw reports on it today.

bj said...

Good morning, Jean...loved your photos..and the dog is adorable..so cute.
Hoping this is a good weekend for you and Hugh.

Michaele said...

Great photos! A day out so needed and deserved. Keep life balanced and there is still so much hope.

Barb said...

On a good day when you can enjoy an outing, it must seem like a perfect respite. Hope there are more good days to come.

Janet said...

Isn't it wonderful how a simple outing can lift the spirits. Love the doggie photos..

Jenn Jilks said...

Jean, you deserve a day out!
Good for you. Many hugs.

Ashling said...

Wishing you many more days out!

fromsophiesview said...

Always thinking about you and Hugh so don't ever think you are alone!

Chickens and Doggies ~~ Three Cheers!

Ron

Hannah said...

If your dog is like my cat, she walks toward me when I try to take a photo and won't look at me. The chickens are cute, the rooster is lovely! I had one like that once, I love the golden neck feathers and blue-black iridescent tail feathers.