Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 17 July 2014

Frosty Fotos

 

This morning we had a light frost, it settled on the lawn and grasses, and the  ice  that was thawing dripped into the pond,  from the tree above.frosted  front lawn this morning

Carex Frosted Grasses

The bird bath water was solid ice, and the Camellia flower sat on top, guess it too would have frozen if out in the open all night.

Camellia flower on frozen bird bath

 

In  the last week,  Hugh has again had days with pain, using crutches, and all side effects from various pain medications too hard to cope with. I long for things to be as they were 2 years ago, but know we both have to deal with this in the best way we can. Another visit to the orthopod is scheduled, and hopes for  a better outcome this time. Every day I try to look for the sunshine, however small, and always it is there, in the sky, a bird on the lawn, clouds in glorious colour, frosty grasses, and Felicity there for comfort. Here she is with the blanket Hugh’s Mum knitted, and Muriel’s 2 bears for company, photo taken late 2011.

 

Felicity with one eye open

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“ You have to walk through the bad days

to reach the best days of your life”

Greetings from Jean

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am sorry hugh continues to struggle. bless you both. thanks for sharing your cool frost/freeze!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jean, we are having cooler temps than are normal for this time of year.. I love your cute kitty.. I am sorry Hugh is still in pain, I hope the doc is able to help him.. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!

Georgia said...

I admire you for your desire to always look for that bit of sunshine. All the best!

Carol Mattingly said...

I will pray for Hugh, you hang in there Jean.

Susan Heather said...

Love the quote. I do hope Hugh's pain levels can be lowered.

camp and cottage living said...

Jean
I'm sorry to hear that things are still touch and go with Hugh's pain.
I do hope they can get to the bottom of it soon and he can finally be free of all of his pain.
Still praying....

Julie Fukuda said...

My dad used to give a slide show of the "Faces and Phases of water" with very striking frost pictures.
Keeping you both in my prayers.

Karen said...

Beautiful shots of the frost! I am a winter person, love the cold and frost and snow. It's too hot here for me, 35C again today. I long for winter and the cold!

Sorry to hear that Hugh is still having so much pain, and yes, we all must look for the positive every step of the way.

Janet said...

Lovely photos as always! I wish I could think of something comforting to say about Hugh's situation - and yours.

Leanne said...

it does help to get through such journey with counting ones blessings doesn't it.

Michaele said...

That is a darling photo. I feel both his and your pain across the miles. I know it must be frustrating and disappointing. You are both so active.

KB said...

Frost in your world and summer in ours. I'm so sorry about Hugh's pain... but I think that your attitude is inspiring. The quote is perfect.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's tough when your spouse is ill. Mine has prostate cancer. For now he is symptom-free, but has stomach issues.
My sympathies. It is a hard go.
All the best.
We are determined to live each day and enjoy it!

Jim said...

Hello Jean.
Sorry to hear that Hugh is having a difficult time lately. I hope 'things' resolve soon for both your sake.
The good days and those 'rays of sunshine' that are all around constantly, do sustain us through the rough patches.
All the best to Hugh and to you also. I know what that the caregiver's needs are important as well. All the best from the eastern shore of Nova Scotia.

Our photos said...

Looks cold at Your end. Full summer overhere !

Here I Am Carrie said...

Winter cold can be so much harder on the body with aches and pains. Keeping healing thoughts and prayers for Hugh and I do hope the winter is gentle on you. Cherish those small bright moments in the day for they will keep you going during those dark times. Sending hugs to both of you. Stay warm...

Our photos said...

Lovely photos and I am sorry Hugh is still in pain.