Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Thursday 19 June 2014

A Man’s Best Friend

 

One of my dear friends has a new man in his life.

Yes, he goes by the name of

STORM

Storm is 3 years old, and came into our friend’s  life  some time  after  his dearest girl, Sam passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Here is Sam, again at our home,  black, large gentle eyes, so much loved.

 

Sam , 2013

Storm, sitting on the seat under the Elm Tree.

Storm looking the other way

After a little persuasion, Storm faced the camera for this super shot.

Hey Storm, I was sitting there

If I lie here long enough, and look like this, will I get a treat?

One eye on the action

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“  The journey of life is sweeter ,when travelled       with a dog”

Greetings from Jean

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Storm is a beautiful dog! Wonderful photos and I love the quote too. Life is better with a dog! Have a happy day!

Georgia said...

Sweet faces!

Carol Mattingly said...

Adorable.

Jim said...

Well HELLO Storm! So good to meet you! I hear things are a bit new to you? I am sure everything will work out fine. What a beauty you are!
Sophie would 'show you ropes' if she was nearer.
Jean, thanks for sharing. One of Sophie's best friends is a German Shepherd.

Karen said...

It's so hard when a family pet dies. Sam was a beautiful looking dog. So glad your friend has a new companion, and he sure is handsome.

TexWisGirl said...

welcome, storm, into your new life. may you both find love there. :)

Lindsjö taxar said...

Lovely new friend. THey are great dogs.
Have a great weekend!
M/

Janet said...

Gorgeous dog! Interesting name - he doesn't look very stormy!

KB said...

Storm looks wonderful! I am so happy for him and his new human!

Tanya said...

Storm is very handsome!

Jenn Jilks said...

They make great pets! Lovely dog for your friend!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

camp and cottage living said...

He looks like Rin Tin Tin!
I personally love big dogs.
I bet he'll bring your friend much joy, Jean.

Michaele said...

Oh I DO love German Shepherds! Welcome Storm.