Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Clouds cover the moon

The partial eclipse of the moon was not given much publicity. Leanne,  thanks so much for putting this on your blog, otherwise I would not have known to look out last night.
I waited patiently, camera set up for night photos, Hugh’s tripod in use, but there was so much cloud. Before the eclipse there were some clear patches, but gradually more cloud covered this event.I began taking photos about 7.30 p.m. and the last one here was taken at 10.26 p.m. After that more cloud obscured most of the moon.
lunar eclipse
Before the eclipse










10.26 p.m.This was a partial eclipse, and was seen very clearly in the Northern Hemisphere. Some stunning photos on the internet, no doubt those photos taken with super telephoto lenses, and by professional photographers. I hope on Wednesday, with Hugh’s welding helmet in place, to get photos of the Transit of Venus.
The best of the sale buys were these bulbs. I love Dutch Iris flowers, and hope I can find some more of the same stunning colour.
Bulb packets
Quotation of the day, from Walter de la Mare
“Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon”
Cheers from Jean

4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

A 3:30am rise for rice delivery, aan all-day sub job at the pre-school, and an evening English class ... all in different parts of town ... squashed the moon viewing I fell into bed without even eating dinner! I was so tired I didn't even use train time for piecing.

Nancy J said...

I did see some great photos on the internet, but so much cloud down here. I am wanting a clear day tomorrow for Venus' Transit.But NZ has snow, rain, gale winds, etc. so inside may be the best place to be.Julie, your days are so full,I would not be able to keep up with all that activity, no wonder you left the piecing for another day.Cheers from Jean.

Leanne said...

Great photos! What model camera have you got? I am starting to look for the one I want for a big birthday smile.
Love Leanne

Lindsjö taxar said...

Hi there! Hope everything is ok? Lovely post you got here. How is Poppy doing?
My dogs are ok. I will go on exhibition on Sunday with Vilja and Trym the young ones. We have holiday tomorrow,no work. Its a national swedísh day type. We celebrate our nation. I love orchids. I bought 2 on the market today for half price, 2 for SEK 100, thats cheap. Hugs from us all in Sweden