Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Monday 7 November 2011

Skype from Osaka

This must be my day to do Skype calls, Kaori was another of the three Japanese students  who lived with their host families in Marton during 2002. She tells me she does not speak any  English over there, but her language is sooooo good. Kaori's Mum has a soap making business, and Kaori is designing a web page.I am waiting for another photo, this is courtesy of Facebook.I am sure a clearer photo will come very soon.A friend of hers has opened a Fish and Chip shop, with takeaways, and also pies. These are becoming popular there,  I have heard about others as well.
We have many happy memories of 2002, her host family are in Christchurch now, and I think were right in the earthquake affected area, with much liquefaction.( this has another spelling ).
Looking forward to more photos and calls from all over the world.
Quotation of the day, from Lord Alfred Tennyson
"He seems so far and yet so near"
Cheers from Jean

No comments: