Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 12 November 2011

A Cat and a Hen and some Owls.

Hen bag                  poppy keeping the chair warm
Somehow this week I managed to get the hen onto the fabric and sew at least
part of the bag.The “NEST” looks slightly better now she sits on it.
Poppy  chose to sit on my chair and wait for me, stubbornly still sitting there
when I try to find a small space to perch!!! Just like the owls below.
owlsoftie 
These owls took my fancy, maybe not as “softies’ but to applique onto a bag
or two. I love their eyes, and whatever way you look, they seem to be staring right at you.
Maybe they can see  even in the daylight.
I will never be a NIGHT OWL, always have been a FOWL, i.e. definitely a morning person.
I’m sure that’s why I like the owl patterns so much, they are the opposite to me,  and they do say “Opposites Attract”.
However in recent days I have not only risen with the birds but burnt many a late night candle as well. Phone calls, arrangements, times to collect family from airports, words that need to be checked, emailed off, re-sent again, and in-between some quiet moments to reflect.
Poppy  stays close, and snuggles up behind me, as she is , right now,keeping me company as though she knows about our sadness .How do cats know??? Her comfort is heart-warming.
Quotation of the day, from A Handbook of Proverbs
Friendships multiply joys and divide griefs.
Cheers from Jean

No comments: